A great post on Seth Godin’s blog lists a number of random ideas worth reading. Here are my top 5:
- Waiting for inspiration is another way of saying that you’re stalling. You don’t wait for inspiration, you command it to appear.
- The hard part is finishing, so enjoy the starting part.
- Powerful organizations adore the status quo, so expect no help from them if your idea challenges the very thing they adore.
- Seek out apostles, not partners. People who benefit from spreading your idea, not people who need to own it.
- Are you a serial idea-starting person? If so, what can you change to end that cycle? The goal is to be an idea-shipping person.
I have a couple of books he published and I like how they inspire great ideas, which are really simple and intuitive. Recommended reading for anyone interested in making their ideas work for them.
Read more on Seth’s blog